Schooner

Schooner

Friday, November 8, 2013

The final countdown

   I still cannot honestly tell you what day we are leaving. All i can tell you is, its not today. Why? projects.
I have a list, i have the parts, i need to do them, then we will leave. Here is just a sample of the list:

Install jackline
Install new battery
Install new wiring for battery
Install new switch for house bank
Install fire extinguisher number 4
Change engine oil
Repair the sail
Retrieve the halyard

   Why would i have to retrieve the halyard? I was climbing the mast, using the main halyard for safety, when i lost my grip on it. it went the entire way to the top of the mast, and there it sits. I will send crew member number 3 up to get it. Who is crew member number 3?

   The person who tried to mutiny on her first visit. Dana's sister Liz.
She will help with the trip south, then, i have no idea. She could stay a month, or a year. lol

   I promised more photos will come, of the prep work, and there will be hundreds from the trip. It has been so hectic the past week, i have forgotten to take any.

No comments:

Post a Comment