Schooner

Schooner

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Day 5, My name is Barf, I'm a mog, I'm my own best friend.

    Nyc departure day!  We booked out super early in the AM, riding the tide, again. Another hair raising departure, as the wind was blowing into the dock from the side, and stern. At this point, the women on the boat are not questioning my docking ability as much, and i made it look easy as we slipped off the dock.

  We did a quick jib change, as the 150% was still on the furler, and we wanted the 75%, or 90%. I have to measure some day.... We motored outside the shipping lane, making all the big ships happy. When we finally were out by Sandy Hook NJ, we unfurled the jib and off we went! We had a strong west wind, and were booking at about 8 kts, on the jib alone. Engine off, and settle into the groove.

   It was a rough sea this day. 6-8', with a small craft advisory in effect. Liz went below to take some seasick pills, and accidentally OD'ed. Of course we didn't realize at the time. i guess she doubled the maximum daily dose.... woops. So she was toast, and slept almost 30 hours.

   After the sail change, we had a mess of the large jib. I had hem take the sail below to fold it.




No comments:

Post a Comment