Schooner

Schooner

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Small upgrades

What can i say, minor projects get procrastinated. Some of them so long, it is scarry. The faucet was one of those projects. The old faucet was leaking. not just a little leak, a major one. It leaked every time it was used. I even had a rebuild kit for it. I just never got to that project. So now it is finished. Here is the new faucet.


   Its made by an Italian company called Scandvik. Its a nice heavy unit. Dana, the cook, loves it.

   The next project,was a macerator. The old one died long before i bought the boat. I removed it the first week. There is a big tip here. I shopped around, sure i could find a price better then $125-150 everyone charges. They sell them on ebay for $72. Shipping was very fast. No photos on this one, as they are quite gross.

   Next up was the genoa. It tattered on my trip home, and when i tried to use it again, the sun cover came off a bit. I found a shop in town called something like Sails ECT?  The owner was very nice, he gets a lot of points for this, he knew his stuff. His price started out good...
  
   The sail shop was about 3/4 of a mile away.

   One thing I have promised myself is that I would work out more. This is exactly what I meant. Dana helped a bit by holding the bottom now and then, but it was mostly me. This sucker is heavy. 80-110#.
We got it there, by free foot transport.

   The sail came back yesterday. The quote was 1-2 hours labor. The bill came back as 4 hours, plus materials. When I called him on it, he said he will put half of it toward the next project he did for me. A bit odd I think on this one. He said he had been doing it for over 20 years. To stop in for a free quote. I stopped in for a quote, he was not there and would call me when he returned. About an hour later I walked back because he had not called. There on the sail loft was my sail, opened and being worked on. :Roll eyes: I asked the price and that was when he said 1-2 hours. He did not demand instant payment. That too is odd to me. Unless this is some ploy to get more business from me by keeping a 50% off tab.... Its just weird....

   More drama to come.






No comments:

Post a Comment