Schooner

Schooner

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Attempted robbery, and why we will never be without a gun.




 Please share this with everyone you know. Your not always safe, not even in the US.
   So, here, is the story you have all been waiting for. The night at the free dock in Beaufort. Why were we on a dock that says "1AM-6AM docking prohibited" because we could not get off. When we came in to dock a wind pushed us sideways into the dock at about 2kts. There was no getting off the dock until the wind died. So here we are, stuck to the dock.
   At 1:30 AM the local police came by to wake us up by knocking on the hull. Now, why would they do this? Because there is a $2 a night marina right next to the free dock. And they are jerks. Frankly I will skip the town next time and save my $70 we spent for ramen. Now the cops were very nice, and understood what I ment about the wind pushing us into the dock, and left without me coming outside even. The damage was done however, I was not getting back to sleep.
30 Day FREE amazon prime membership!!! Sign up now for this special trial. Cancel anytime.
   2:45AM So as I lay awake in bed, I hear footsteps on the deck. Oh great, I think, Here comes the cops to tell us we need to leave now that the wind has shifted. No. I opened the small 4"x12" bedroom window and saw a foot coming into the cockpit. I said, "Hello?" A voice goes "Yeah?" at this point I leaped out of bed, got on my shoes, grabbed the gun, and went on deck. Only to find the person gone. He must have run 100 yards, on a shaky dock, in less then 30 seconds. I went below and got more dressed while calling 911.
   As it rang and rang I was kind of shocked by how long the call was unanswered. Then it was answered and I was shocked even more. For a period of about 5-10 seconds I heard two women talking and laughing, as i said, "Hello? Hello?" Then finally she turned back to the phone and said 911 blah blah.... WOW, what an incompetent woman. I do not need to tell you if we were in real danger, seconds count. After I hung up I took my gun, and massive spotlight to look for this thug. As I got to the top of the dock the cops arrived. (less then 2 min) As I was talking to the cop a man jumped into a truck, and took off like it was on fire. The cop chased him. From there I do not know what happened.



A few thoughts have gone thru my mind since the incident. The first is what if the "hello" came from my wife.
Would this have made him run? Would this have made him come in? The second is what if he had a gun. I have revisited our safety plan, and the gun will not be next to my bed. The small cockpit to bedroom holes will be used for shooting, not talking. The next person in the cockpit in the middle of the night, without permission, will be shot. We will not be without a gun on our boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment