Schooner

Schooner

Monday, December 30, 2013

Building my dinghy

   So we have been in need of a dinghy for a while now. I must have looked at 20 different
designs,all of them have been very expensive, or poorly built. the ones that are nice, are expensive, and very good targets for theft.
So I have come to the conclusion, after falling in love with a dingy, just to find out it cost almost $20,000, that i need to build my own.
It will not be perfect. I am aiming for function. I am thinking about 13-14' in length, 5-6' wide, removable centerboard, removable rudder, with an outboard mount. When I am done with my creation, I doubt anyone will want to steal it. I will paint it bright pink, with a big breast cancer ribbon down the side. I want it to be a sailing dinghy, because what fun it will be in a bay, to sail about and explore using just the wind. When the wind dies, i fire up the outboard, or row.

In the mean time I have done a repair to our current dinghy. The board on the transom were rotted. tomorrow I will finish it, but for now, I went out and had a blast!

Check out the video, and as always please,


You can now subscribe by email, click on the button on the right!
Share with your friends, let them share our adventure! 

http://youtu.be/qkh5JwgoAZ0





No comments:

Post a Comment