Schooner

Schooner

Thursday, December 26, 2013

All about ice, and snow

   Well I ran to New York, took the train actually. We needed a bit of financing for our trip, and we really would like an exotic location. So off I went. The first week went well, the weather was a bit of a bear, but I managed to get things done, made a few deliveries and some pickups. All was going well until Tuesday morning.
   I was heading down a very steep and curvy hill. I knew it was going to be bad, when 100' down the hill i had gone from 5MPH to 20MPH. I was hard on the brakes, pumping like mad. If the brake peddle was a bilge pump I could have saved the "All is Lost" ship from going under, in the first hundred feet. Anytime I touched the brakes, they would all instantly lock up. i tried to keep my speed down, but 1000' down the hill it was not looking good. Up ahead I saw a plow truck, sideways in the road. He was plowing the opening to the town building, and was completely in the road. I tried like mad to stop, and once my truck went past 35 degrees to my trailer, I knew all was lost. I just held all the brakes, the truck, the trailer, and waited. At this point I could not see, as the snow was being blown everywhere. The impact was quite brutal, and as I slid, I could see the sides of the truck closing into the cab. Here is how I ended up.






   What a nasty trip, and it reminded me how much I hate New York.

   What was accomplished on this trip was spending one on one time with Pastor Jesse. He helped me out a bunch, and saw that I could take a shower, and get to church. We went out to eat, and I got Dana's gift. I cannot say that I hated the trip itself, just that I disliked what happened.





   The best part of the trip of course was getting home. Glad to be floating again. Glad to be spending quality time with my wife. Glad to have silly dogs to make me smile. Glad to be back. Its now boat repair time.



You can now subscribe by email, click on the button on the right!
Share with your friends, let them share our adventure!













No comments:

Post a Comment