Schooner

Schooner

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Ceiling work

   So it has been a while since I last posted here. Projects are going well. Most of the updates can be found on our facebook page, www.facebook.com/svunionp and our youtube page, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5S6DveWyvRafPz5FOCUubw.

Well the ceiling of the yacht has been in poor nick since we got her. She was smoked in, the decks leaked, and it was 32 years old. Now on the second year of the restoration, we are very far into the big projects. The ceiling has been one of the longest, besides the deck.

The ceiling was so bad I avoided taking photos of it, and I was embarrassed that our new yacht had such glaring ugly marks.





It has come so far.




Two years ago today I actually had to make the choice between two boats. Man I am glad I chose the UP over the powerboat.



Some days I wish I had chose the powerboat. It would have been roomier, easier access, less draft, faster on the ICW. It would have also cost us over $5000 in fuel to bring it to Florida. The UP only cost us $500 in fuel, and our next trip I hope to use under $40 in fuel when we head back north to visit family before the big trip of "who know whats year".
The issue is our jobs are going very well, and while I am retired, I enjoy my job. If I can manage to keep it, I would like to stay a while and work before we take off. It would be nice to turn our planned 5 year trip into a 10 year trip.This could be done with 2 years of work. Decisions, decisions.


Find us on Patreon, www.patreon.com/one Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment